Monday, March 21, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
- Music video
- pvOnline (it is listed in the order for it to be completed…process through each section and always come back and see which questions you now can answer from the unit overview. Mark the ones you can’t. Then repeat for each section.)
- Unit overview and guiding questions – read this one, so you know what is expected of you. You should be able to answer these after each section.
- “The Origins of Wilsonianism” - make sure you can answer/discuss the learning objectives
- “Innovators and Traditionalists”
- “Innovators and Traditionalists: a debate”
- The US Entry into WWI: Two Opposing views
- A Documentary Chronology of World War I (this will be due on Wednesday, April 20th, so plan accordingly)– you will find the WWI documentary project on this page. This is a content heavy project. We started WWI with vid clips and high discussions, then pulled at your creativity with your music videos, worked in some debates for collaboration and public speaking opportunities, and now we are going to hit the content piece hard with a totally different feel than the other two ways we have been bringing this content to our minds.
- Miss Bailin’s Notes/Help for the Class
- All of your points need to come back to the focus question: "How new was Wilson's foreign policy?" My suggestion is to read each of your points (not your whole speech, but each individual explained point) to someone and then ask them if it answers this question. It is does NOT clearly answer it, then revision is needed.
- If your teams would like (the pro and con sides MUST agree), we can remove the responses (First “con” response (5 minutes), First “pro” response (5 minutes), Second “con” response (5 minutes), and Second “pro” response (5 minutes), then your group can present the pro, con, pro, con speeches.
a. If you choose this, then the speaking members have to divide the two 10 minute speeches.
b. If you choose this, then the response section will be replaced with some rapid-fire (not real fire = hazardous = people could get hurt or be burned to death = someone could die = we don’t break that rule) Miss Bailin questions. J
c. This is my compromise, so feel free to take it or leave it. My feelings won’t be hurt either way. If some of you would like to choose this option, but still present your pieces that you have worked so hard on (directed at some amazing pieces I have read from Block I so far), then we can still present those. I don’t want to take anyone’s spotlight away from them.
d. Just one person from your group, shoot me an email with what your groups decide and I will prepare accordingly. The best way to settle this is a vote.
e. I won’t be mad or disappointed with whatever you choose. J
- Each person is graded on their individual contributions to the group as well as their individual public speaking performance. This means that if someone didn’t do the section that the team decided, then that person does not get credit AND the group is not penalized.
- Please email me if you are in the Bracket Debates with the Leaders, so I know how many to plan for.
- DUE DATES!!!! FINAL CHANGES!!! The goal for the start of next week is to get all the loose ends tied up, so we can cleanly move on. I know we are all feeling a bit rushed and stretched thin, so let’s get it all done.
- Monday, March 21st
i. Period 1 – I have some things planned, but I want to gather and reflect on how Thursday and Friday went before moving on.
ii. Period 2 – THEE Matty West v. Sando Showdown in JDLC7 lab. If you aren’t watching, then you are working on your projects.
iii. Period 3 – ALL JDLC7 together: The final trial (ALL ATTORNEYS MUST COME TO SCHOOL DRESSED AS WELL AS THE WITNESSES…we will not be using class time to get ready.
iv. Period 6 - I have some things planned, but I want to gather and reflect on how Thursday and Friday went before moving on.
v. Period 7 – We finish our Bracket Break Down Debates to see which student debates it the best in ALL JDLC7!!!!
vi. Period 8 - To be announced….
- Tuesday, March 22nd
i. The Innovators v. Traditionalists debate will be happening TODAY!!!!
- Wednesday, March 23rd
i. Music videos will be due TODAY…IT MUST BE POSTED ON YOUR WEBPAGE (unless I spoke with you privately).
1. For those of you in groups of two or three, while the other person is working on their part, YOU should be working on the debate or the next section in pvOnline (The US Entry into WWI: Two opposing views) and the documentary project (up and coming project).